Friday, August 22, 2008

Four Fever

All right....looks like it's my turn to try this four game, so here goes:

Four random things I love about my husband :
1. He loves jokes, puns and total silliness and he's always making us laugh
2. He is the most reliable worker I've ever known--always does his best, never takes a sick day, totally dedicated
3. He never complains about what I spend
4. He is involved with and supportive of our children (and grandchildren)

Four jobs I’ve had:
1. High school teacher
2. Freelance writer
3. Writer for UT Arlington Publications Office
4. Grounds keeper at BYU

Four movies I have watched more than once:
1. Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knightly version and Colin Firth version)
2. North and South (a BBC production)
3. Persuasion (with Amanda Root--the Masterpiece version was not nearly as good)
4. Jane Eyre (with Timothy Dalton--yummy)

Four TV shows I watch:
1. Law and Order (and Law and Order SVU and Law and Order Criminal Intent)
2. Monk
3. What Not to Wear
4. House

Four random places I have been:
1. London, England
2. Paris, France (but not Paris, Texas)
3. Brussels (and Liege, Belgium)
4. Florence (and Rome, Italy)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Medium rare sirloin steak with a loaded baked potato
2. Dove or Leonidas dark chocolate
3. Gelato (preferably in Italy)
4. Blue Bell Ice Cream Sandwiches

Four places I would like to visit:
1. Australia
2. Scotland
3. Wales
4. More of England outside London

Four things I am looking forward to in the coming year:
1. a great year at school
2. traveling to London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, Budapest and Vienna next summer with some students and a good friend/fellow teacher (you are most welcome to join us!)
3. Lauren graduating from BYU
4. Kara receiving great scholarships and going to a great university

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey, is that North and South BBC production the Elizabeth Gaskell version, or the JOhn Jakes version?

Sherry said...

It's the Elizabeth Gaskell version and it's fabulous!! I have the DVD and have watched it multiple times. I noticed on your readers blog that you are reading several of her books. I've only read N&S, but I also have the BBC production of Wives and Daughters. It's also good, but not as good as N&S. Come up and watch it with me!

Jenni said...

So how does one go about traveling all over Europe with you, aside from sneaking in your luggage?

Sherry said...

Actually, you would be welcome to come along on the tour that I'm planning to lead next summer--you just have to pay your way. We're going to London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, and Vienna and it will cost about $3,000. That includes airfare, all hotels and transportation from place to place, plus two meals per day. It also includes entry fees to a few sights. Luckily, lots of things are free, for example all the museums in London, and you pay for whatever else you want. You also pay for lunch each day. For every six paying students (or adults or whoever wants to come) one person goes free. So, I'm trying to find six paying folk so that my trip is covered.
Anyway, that's the scoop. If I can get this going at my high school, I'll probably be going somewhere every summer.

Lauren said...

Ok, when you go travel next year, I must come.

Jenny said...

Ooooo, now I've got to read N&S. And then afterwards we'll have a BBC Marathon party.

About Me

I'm a happy wife, mom, daughter, sister, teacher, and friend. I love to read (and read and read and read), talk with interesting people (that's pretty much everyone), and travel. I teach high school and LOVE it!