Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lovely, Lovely Day

Yesterday was one of the best Valentine's Days ever.....I spent a couple of hours in the morning visiting with my best, dearest, most wonderful, fun, talented, funny, non-judgmental, supportive, and all sorts of other good things, friend in Fort Worth. I love her cozy cottage duplex, love the part of town she lives in and love, love, love to visit with her. So, it was delightful. I had dropped Mike off at the gun show on my way to her house (another story in and of itself--gun purchases have apparently skyrocketed since the Democrats took over and the line for the gun show was blocks long. Plus, I've never seen so many pickup trucks in one parking lot in my life. And they don't park only in designated spaces--grassy medians--actually any open space--work just as well. And who's going to say nay to a man in a big F350 toting an oversize shotgun?) But back to our story.... After our delightful visit, in which she also measured my feet to hand-knit me a pair of socks, we picked Mike up from testosterone central, and all went out to lunch at a yummy soul-food place called Drew's. I had a smothered pork chop that was so tender it fell apart when touched by a fork, mashed potatoes with cream gravy, crispy, tasty fried okra and a most delicious Italian Cream Cake for dessert. (best friend and I shared). All in all, it was truly one of the best Valentine's Days ever. 

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I got to hang out with your oldest for V-day and it was fun too. Isn't it neat how much we enjoy one another as family?

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I'm glad that you had a good Valentine's Day. That restaurant sounds yummy, especially the Italian Cream Cake part.

About Me

I'm a happy wife, mom, daughter, sister, teacher, and friend. I love to read (and read and read and read), talk with interesting people (that's pretty much everyone), and travel. I teach high school and LOVE it!