Tuesday, February 24, 2009

La Boheme

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful evening. Last Wednesday I went with my friend Trudy to the Dallas Opera production of La Boheme. I have enjoyed the other operas we've seen, and I loved Porgy and Bess last year (who can resist Gershwin?) but now I understand why La Boheme is so beloved--it was fabulous. Of course it didn't hurt that the guy playing Rudolfo was gorgeous and that he had an equally gorgeous voice. It also helped that the story is set in Paris, my favorite city on earth, but still, it was a magical evening. Even if you're not an opera fan, sometime in your life, you've got to see this one.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Real opera is on my list of cultured things I want to participate in when no one in my house is in school anymore. Sigh**

About Me

I'm a happy wife, mom, daughter, sister, teacher, and friend. I love to read (and read and read and read), talk with interesting people (that's pretty much everyone), and travel. I teach high school and LOVE it!