Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Had a great New Year's Eve with family and friends. Lots of friends joined us at the Institute Building for an evening of games and food (delicious and lots of it) and bonding. For many years we spent New Year's Eve with a group of friends, but sadly, their mom passed away last year and the rest of the family has moved. So, we had to start a new tradition. I miss my old pals, but we did have a good time Wednesday night with members of our family and our ward,  and hopefully we can build on this. There seems to be activities for the youth and young adults, and plenty to do for the drinkin' crowd, but for us sober folk, not so much. So, we're creating our own and having a marvelous time.....

One of my resolutions involves exercise, so yesterday I took a nice walk with the twins. I'm going to try to continue this at least every weekday if not more often. They enjoy being outside, Julie gets a nice break, I get some much needed exercise--a winner for everyone!


1 comment:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

It was a fun night. Thanks for suggesting it.

About Me

I'm a happy wife, mom, daughter, sister, teacher, and friend. I love to read (and read and read and read), talk with interesting people (that's pretty much everyone), and travel. I teach high school and LOVE it!